When there is a power deficit for the UM10 to charge both the battery and USB device simultaneously, the UM10 will prioritise the charging of the battery to the device following the user's preference. When the top switch is set to BATTERY, battery priority mode will be activated. In this mode the UM10 will charge the battery first. When the battery is fully charged or removed, the UM10 will then charge/power the USB device automatically. When the top switch is set to USB, USB priority mode is activated. In this mode the UM10 will charge/power the USB device first. When the USB device is fully charged or disconnected, the UM10 will charge the battery automatically.
Note: A small electrical current will keep passing through to the external device connected to maintain the device in its full power state when it is charged.
The UM10 is capable of activating over discharged protected Li-ion batteries. After battery installation, the UM10 will test and activate the batteries before charging. Batteries detected as damaged cannot be activated by the UM10 and "EE" will be displayed on the LCD to indicate an error.
Note: Nitecore does not recommend charging zero volt (0V) (over discharged) unprotected Li-ion batteries with the UM10 and doing so can result in battery leakage, fire or explosion.
- USB powered Li-ion battery charger
- High definition LCD displays real time charging status
- Features USB output charging
- Integrated intelligent power management system
- Intelligently detects input power
- Intelligtently distributes charging power
- Priority Mode offers either battery or USB charging
- Enables data transfer via USB
- Intelligently selects charging current based on battery capacity
- Features rear USB cable winder and grooves to accommodate 2.5mm/3.0mm USB cables
- Constructed from fire retardant materials
- Features reverse polarity protection
- Designed for optimal heat dissipation
- Certified by RoHS, CE, FCC and CEC
- Insured worldwide by Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd
Input voltage: Micro USB DC 5V
Output voltage: 4.2V plus/minus 1% / 5V
Input current: Equal to or greater than 500mA
Output current: 1000mA / 500mA
Li-ion / IMR: 18650, 18490, 18350, 17670, 17500, 16340 (rcr123), 14500, 10440
Dimensions: 3.94"x1.5"x1.38" (100mmx38mmx35mm)
Weight: 2.01oz (57 gram) (without battery or power cord)