1.Connecting: Unwind the USB cable, lift the rear panel and draw out the cable as instructed. Plug one end of the included USB cable to the UM20’s input port and the other end to a power supply (adapter, PC or other standard USB output port). Upon powering up, the UM20’s LCD will display the power level indicator (hollow) and battery percentage (0%).
2.Inserting Batteries: Insert batteries as instructed. Incorrectly inserted batteries will prevent the UM20 from functioning.
3.Battery Test: After battery installation, the UM20 will run a quick battery test before charging. If a problem is detected (for example the batteries are installed backwards), the UM20 will stop charging and display “EE” on the LCD to notify the user.
4.Charging: During the charging process, charging current will adjust automatically based on the detected battery type, power level and internal battery resistance. For example, when charging batteries of smaller capacities such as 14500 and 16340, charging current will automatically be set to 500mA, ensuring safe use and preserving battery longevity.
5.Charging Progress: The UM20 will indicate battery status and charging progress. When batteries are fully charged, 5 power level indicator bars and “100%” will illuminate steadily on the LCD display.
1. When there is a power deficit for the UM20 to charge both batteries and USB device simultaneously, the UM20 will prioritize the charging of the batteries or the device following the user’s preference. When the top switch is set to BATTERY, battery priority mode will be activated. In this mode, the UM20 will charge the batteries first. When batteries are fully charged or removed, the UM20 will then charge / power the USB device automatically.
2. When the top switch is set to USB, USB priority mode will be activated. In this mode, the UM20 will charge / power the USB device first. When the USB device is fully charged or disconnected, the UM20 will charge the batteries automatically.
3. When charging 2 batteries simultaneously, output has to be at least 1000mA or above, when output drops below 1000mA, the charger will charge 1 battery at a time.
NOTE: A small electrical current will keep passing through to the external device connected to maintain the device in its full power state when it is charged.
The UM20 is capable of activating over discharged protected Li-ion batteries. After battery installation, the UM20 will test and activate the batteries before charging. Batteries detected as damaged cannot be activated by the UM20 and “EE” will be displayed on the LCD to indicate an error.
NOTE: Nitecore does not recommend charging zero volt (0V) (over discharged) unprotected Li-ion
- High definition LCD displays real time charging status
- Automatically stop charging when complete
- Reverse polarity protection
- Apply the proper charging current and voltage based on the battery type and capacity.
- USB output port to charge your mobile phones or tablets
- Prioritize either the battery charger or USB output port based on your selection.
- Selects charging current based on battery capacity
- Rear USB cable winder that keeps your charger compact and organized
- Enables data transfer via USB
- Optimized charging for IMR batteries
- Ultra-safe with optimal heat dissipation and fire retardant materials
- Environmently friendly certified by RoHS, CE, FCC and CEC
- Input voltage: Micro USB DC 5V
- Output voltage: 4.2V ±1% / 5V
- Output current: 1000mA / 500mA
- Compatible with: Li-ion / IMR: 18650, 18490, 18350, 17670, 17500, 16340(RCR123), 14500, 10440
- Dimensions: 3.94inch x 2.20 inch x 1.38 inch
- Weight: 2.72oz (without batteries or power cord)
- UM20 Digital charger x1
- MicroUSB-USB power cord x1
|Phone:||0800 942 534|
Request More Information
Details of the product above will be automatically included with your enquiry.